Sunday, September 26, 2010

A Heartwarming Morning

Yesterday I slept at 4am, as I'm busy packing all the stuff. Naturally I could not wake up early this morning.

At around 8.30am the little girl woke up and whispered "mummy" softly in my ear. I turned to look at the clock and realised that it's only 8.30am. Thus I ignored her and continued to sleep. When she saw that I got the intention to sleep instead of waking up, she kissed me on the cheeks and stroked my hair and whispered gently "mummy, you sleep ok? I dun disturb you" My first reaction to that is not smiling but thinking is her mouth smelly when she kissed me? Hahaha...ok ok im such a mean thing, but actually deep in my heart I feel very warm :)

The little girl did not fuss for milk and she just sat besides me, watching me sleep. When I woke up at 9.30am, I realised that she was still sitting on the bed. I asked her what she's doing, why sit on the bed and never drink milk? She replied that she's waiting for me to wake up. I asked her why she did not wake me up and ask me to make milk for her. She said mummy nevermind ok, I can wait for you to wake up. Oh My! I really did not know what to say! In order not to disturb me from sleeping, she rather wait for 1 hour for her milk! Seriously, can a 4 yr old kid has that kind of patience? My tears well up in my eyes. This little girl of mine, whom I have scolded countless times, did not want to disturb me. This little girl, whom I have beaten countless times, waited for me to wake up.

It makes me realised, that no matter how many times you beat your kid, out of frustration or anger, their love to you is always unconditional. It also makes me realised that I should cherish these moments, for when the girl grows up, she may not kiss me in the morning and wait for me. Seriously, deep down in my heart, I'm really very glad and thankful I have this girl, who knows how to warm my heart during difficult times and consoling me when she knows Im not in the right mood. What more can a mother ask for? :)

1 comments:

Emily said...

This little girl of yours really got your heart de. Please give her good praises and many hugs often :) stop scolding her hor!